[Geany] Automated makefile

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Thu May 28 10:57:07 UTC 2009

Nicolas Hillegeer wrote:

> I've been searching the web for some time (including these lists), and
> I'm sorry if I've missed it, but is there any feature (now in Geany,
> in a plugin, planned, or otherwise) that allows
> Geany to automatically make makefiles (this would be for projects)?
> This feature was in Dev-C++, my former favourite IDE, and was really
> handy because managing makefiles for large projects that have special
> requirements and quite some files can be cumbersome I imagine.
Hmm, I understand ... modern IDE spoils developers :-) I really like to
manage these by hand too, as it provides good insight so I like to have
a tool that  provide readable make files (cmake), and respect user
defined content too.
> Since Geany doesn't attempt to specifically target one programming
> language, I would estimate that this kind of functionality is not in
> the core package, has someone perhaps made a plugin out of this once?
I was working on a cmake plugin, but some other projects have got more
attention at the moment (this is a bit daytime work related :-)). But it
is certainly possible, and I miss it too and I really hope I will have
time for this geany plugin in the near future.

/BL