[Geany] Automated makefile

Nicolas Hillegeer nicolashillegeer at xxxxx
Thu May 28 08:49:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been searching the web for some time (including these lists), and I'm
sorry if I've missed it, but is there any feature (now in Geany, in a
plugin, planned, or otherwise) that allows
Geany to automatically make makefiles (this would be for projects)? This
feature was in Dev-C++, my former favourite IDE, and was really handy
because managing makefiles for large projects that
have special requirements and quite some files can be cumbersome I imagine.

Since Geany doesn't attempt to specifically target one programming language,
I would estimate that this kind of functionality is not in the core package,
has someone perhaps made a plugin out of this once?
And if not, would it be possible to create it? (either myself when I get
some time or someone else).

Kind regards, Nicolas

P.S.: Geany for projects is now not very useful for me, because I haven't
learned makefiles yet, but for all other things it's a superb IDE!
P.P.S: Also, would it be possible to create a plugin that enforeces "strong"
projects? Because the current Geany version is extremely weak, it sounds
like a session to me (as I believe it has been described by one of the
devs). Note that I don't want to see Geany turn into the next Eclipse (you'd
have to put in some serious effort to be as slow as that, though), but not
having basic project support is just an excercise in frustration to me.