[Geany] Stdout Windows XP

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Wed May 27 14:07:12 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 27.05.2009, 09:55 +0000 schrieb Dominique:
> Hello,
>
> First, congratulations to the developers for this really nice software, although
> it is not enough known... Unfortunately !
>
> I work with Windows XP SP3.
> I write python programs.
>
> 1) When executing a python program, I'd like to redirect the output to a Geany
> window rather than to cmd.exe, which is really ugly and destroys the pleasure to
> work with Geany... Yes, yes, that's true...
>
> 2) Additionally, with cmd.exe, when there is an error and a traceback, there is
> no hyperlink to press to go directly to the error line.
>
> Is there a way to change these behaviours ?

I would suggest you to try out with the compile command from the build
menu. This actually would compile your program with 'python -c', but
also would display errors. - In the Geany compiler window at the bottom.

You also can customize this command in the menu Build->Set Includes and
Arguments or by editing your ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.python.

This actually would at least solve your second problem. For the first
I'm not yet sure what to do.

Best Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at gmail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D