[Geany] run/edit with geany as root

wdepli at mikrotec.com wdepli at xxxxx
Tue May 26 00:05:28 UTC 2009

Hello --

I was using geany on a machine with X windows only.  In order to edit
files in the /var/ directory all I had to do was call geany from command
line as root or sudo geany as me.  Recently I reformatted to a newer
version of Linux, this time using gnome, and now whenever I try to run
geany as root, I get an error message telling me there is no configuration
file.  I tried moving the file from my home to /usr/share/geany -- no
luck.  Would someone please tell me what I am missing?

TIA

DougE