[Geany] autocompletion removing existing word part - Re: Detecting symbols

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 19 20:20:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:24:40 +0100, Nick wrote:

>On Mon, 18 May 2009 19:13:44 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> >Furthermore, there is one more thing, that I once noted on this
>> >list, but wasn't addressed. Let's take following examples: there is
>> >symbol SomeClassWithLongName and I have already typed WithLongName.
>> >If I start typing Some right before WithLongName and I get the
>> >following:
>> >
>> >SomeWithLongName
>> >
>> >I'll get a completion suggestion, which I will choose. But then it
>> >will turn into SomeClassWithLongNameWithLongName. Is it possible for
>> >geany to be smarter and simple add Class and nothing else?
>>
>> Sure, but as usual it needs someone to write the code.
>
>Now done in SVN. Actually it removes any existing word part to the
>right.

Cool. I didn't expect Scintilla provide this feature already. I
would have ended up in writing this on my own and then realising
Scintilla can do it as well and then getting frustrated :).