[Geany] tab indents, space aligns

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Thu May 14 00:00:40 UTC 2009

Daniel Milde schrieb:
> "Tab indents, space aligns" method is the best I have ever seen. It's
> surely the most free one. I hope that Geany will support it again soon.
> If I will be able to, I will try to help to reimplement it.

I, for myself, can't see how *any* TAB is useful for indentation at all.
The look of the code highly depends on the settings of the user
(particularly when mixed with spaces), and is independent of the sane
indentation the author gave it.

Any tab+space will be broken if the user choses another tab width that
the author did.

Please don't complicate indentation even more.

Best regards.