[Geany] tab identation

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun May 10 03:24:47 UTC 2009

Andris Raugulis schrieb:
> I want to save my space identation and if I change Preferences -> Editor
> -> Identation -> "Tab key idents" to unchecked, I get my desired tab key
> function. But that is true only if I change one line at a time.
>
> If I select more lines (for example, first and second) and press tab of
> shift+tab, spaces are still replaced with tabs.
>
> I do remember that at least one type of identation (tab or shift+tab)
> saved my spacing, but I can't recall in which version of Geany it was.
> And as I have clean (default) geany installation now, it may be due to
> configuration issue.

I can't remember such a feature. Leading spaces and tabs are generally
indentation. And pressing shift+tab removes it. If you re-add it, it
only adds the indention type you've configured.

Besides, I find it weird to even want such a mixed indentation. Why not
use tabs or spaces consistently?

Best regards.