[Geany] tab identation

Andris Raugulis ar at xxxxx
Sun May 10 02:45:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a question about tab identation. Imagine that I have code like
this:

[1] ->->->... code
[2] ->->->... code

Where [n] is line number, "->" is tab and "." is space.

If I press tab of shift+tab at first line, I get desired identation, but
also an artifact: spaces (".") are replaced with tab and code in case of
one tab become like this:

[1] ->->->->-> code

I want to save my space identation and if I change Preferences -> Editor
-> Identation -> "Tab key idents" to unchecked, I get my desired tab key
function. But that is true only if I change one line at a time.

If I select more lines (for example, first and second) and press tab of
shift+tab, spaces are still replaced with tabs.

I do remember that at least one type of identation (tab or shift+tab)
saved my spacing, but I can't recall in which version of Geany it was.
And as I have clean (default) geany installation now, it may be due to
configuration issue.

So my question is: how and if I can configure Geany to support my
desired identation (save spaces) with tab/shift+tab.

Thanks in advance.