[Geany] filebrowser_filter

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Thu May 7 22:41:15 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 07.05.2009, 22:54 +0200 schrieb Marcin:
> 2009/5/7 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
>
>         On Thu, 7 May 2009 11:42:38 -0400, Vadim wrote:
>
>         >>Is any rule about put information in Filter field, regexp or
>         >>something?
>         >>For example if I want set visible only .xml and .py files?
>         >

>         >I'd love this too... I open C files but don't want the
>         headers always.
>

>         *.c
>         *.py
>         *.xml
>
>         should work.
>
>         However, while testing it to verify I noticed it filters also
>         directories which might not be desirable.
>         Any opinions of users who uses the filebrowser plugin?
>
>         Just for reference, the following is a quote of the GLib API
>         documentation describing the filtering rules which are used in
>         the file
>         browser plugin:
>

>         The g_pattern_match* functions match a string against a
>         pattern
>         containing '*' and '?' wildcards with similar semantics as the
>         standard
>         glob() function: '*' matches an arbitrary, possibly empty,
>         string, '?'
>         matches an arbitrary character.
>
>         Note that in contrast to glob(), the '/' character can be
>         matched by
>         the wildcards, there are no '[...]' character ranges and '*'
>         and '?'
>         can not be escaped to include them literally in a pattern.
> of course I realised that I can put *.py but I want connect two rules
> like *.py and * .xml

That is unfortunately not possible yet with the file browser plugin. But
I personally think that would be a cool feature and I think I'm not the
only one with that. :)
So, anyone who would write a patch would be welcome I think. I'll may
have a look on it too if I find the time.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at gmail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D