[Geany] filebrowser_filter

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 7 19:59:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009 11:42:38 -0400, Vadim wrote:

>>Is any rule about put information in Filter field, regexp or
>>something?
>>For example if I want set visible only .xml and .py files?
>
>I'd love this too... I open C files but don't want the headers always.

*.c
*.py
*.xml

should work.

However, while testing it to verify I noticed it filters also
directories which might not be desirable.
Any opinions of users who uses the filebrowser plugin?

Just for reference, the following is a quote of the GLib API
documentation describing the filtering rules which are used in the file
browser plugin:

The g_pattern_match* functions match a string against a pattern
containing '*' and '?' wildcards with similar semantics as the standard
glob() function: '*' matches an arbitrary, possibly empty, string, '?'
matches an arbitrary character.

Note that in contrast to glob(), the '/' character can be matched by
the wildcards, there are no '[...]' character ranges and '*' and '?'
can not be escaped to include them literally in a pattern.