[Geany] New request (if not exist) : restore tab

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 31 17:56:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:19:21 +0200, jerome wrote:

>Harold Aling a écrit :
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:00:39 +0200, jerome <mister.jerome at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Sometimes, I close tab by cliking on the cross accidentally.
>>>
>>> It's possible to include the possiblilty to restore the last close
>>> tab by history as in Firefox ?
>>>

>> The last file you've closed should be on top of the "recent files"
>> list but reopening that file doesn't restore the undo history and
>> such...
>>
>> A 'undo close tab' function under the right mouseclick menu of the
>> tabs could be handy though...
>>

>> -H-
>>
>Yes. it's right for the recent files.
>
>As you say, to restore the history and other functions related to the
>file is good idea. And why not enlarge this functinnality to all file
>open with Geany. When close a file, save the history and restore it
>when reopen the file. A maximum size may be specified to prevent using
>too much disk space.
>
>I don't know if this is really useful but it is original :D

And there goes it away: Geany, a fast and lightweight IDE.

This would be a major step in not being fast and not being lightweight
anymore. See Firefox...once praised as fast, small new webbrowser and
what is it now?
A damn huge slow big chunk of software which feels slow and sluggish
even on modern computers.

As Harold said already, the top most item of the recent files list
re-opens the file again. I don't see any need to restore (and therefore
keep) any previous data of the closed tab.