[Geany] Merge toolbar + menu

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 31 17:45:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:34:00 +0200, Harold wrote:

>if

>in
>>>>

>>> With my ugly style on Windows it appears to be ok.
>>> Which style are you using?
>>
>> Seems theme-related. I get this weirdness too with the Ubuntu
>> netbook remix theme.
>

>Could very well be, but all default Xfce 4.4/Xubuntu 8.10 shipped
>themes (except for "Mist", "ThinIce" and "Redmond") are failing...

This doesn't mean anything.
The themes are not really wrong neither is what Geany does.

The menubar is just another type of widget as the toolbar and the
default Xfce theme does style them differently. This is why you see
different background colours.
But you can either use another theme (another means also adjusting the
Xfce theme) or overwrite the appropriate widget styles in your
~/.gtrc-2.0.

In SVN r3675 I added widget names for the menubar and toolbar:
GeanyMenubar resp. GeanyToolbar
this should make it easier to reference them in gtkrc's.

Regarding Firefox:
this is just another thing where Firefox is broken.
I'm not sure what Firefox does differently but I guess it overwrites
widget styles or something. But this should not be done by an
application.