[Geany] Making HTML from plain text; joining lines

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Mar 30 16:41:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:30:32 +0200
Vlastimil Ott <linux at e-ott.info> wrote:

> I'm editing some plain text. It's a article and it will be published
> on web in HTML. How could I add paired tags to a paragraph? The only
> way I know is
>
> 1. go to paragraph begin, write <p>
> 2. delete </p> (autoclosing)
> 3. go to paragraph end
> 4. write (or copy) </p>
>
> I've used Quanta with user-defined hotkeys for years. They helped a
> lot - Ctrl-; for applying <p></p> to a selection, Ctrl-1 for pasting
> <h1></h1> and so on.
>
> How to do this with Geany?

Right now I don't know of a way doing this, but I've implemented
something similar on GeanyLaTeX plugin inside. Maybe this piece of code
can be ported to also fit for XML/HTML. MAybe not the best code doing
this, but at least it's working ;)
http://git.geany.org/geany-plugins/tree/geanylatex/src/latexenvironments.c#n49

Cheers,
Frank