[Geany] V0.16 on Windows: Position & Size changed after closing and re-opening

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Mar 27 16:35:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:07:00 +0100, Andreas wrote:

>On 25.03.2009 21:04, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
>[snip]
>>> I do. I always close my main or first instance, which I move to a
>>> certain position, after all other instances. But I have the problems
>>> anyway...
>>
>> Strange.
>> When starting/closing/re-starting only one instance, Geany saves and
>> restores the window size correctly? If so, everything is fine, more
>> is not meant to be supported :).
>>
>> More seriously, detailed instructions to reproduce would help. I'm
>> not able to get the first instance wrongly positioned or sized when
>> closing it always at last.
>> This does not mean there isn't maybe a bug, just that I don't know
>> how to reproduce it :).
>
>Of course, since I've started writing here, it works now (don't know

:)

>I set geany usually on the top left position. May it be a problem with
>the coordinates if the position is not exact (0,0), but maybe negative
>values?

This was a great hint. I'm not sure whether this solves your problem
but after testing a bit, I noticed that getting negative window
coordinates isn't anything bad, it just means it's above or left to the
upper left corner (it's completely obvious once noticed). The problem
was more or less that we need to have the window realised (read: shown)
before we realiably can set the position on screen (at least on
Windows).
So I changed the code a bit and it seems to work now, at least I think
so. Any feedback is welcome.

Changes were made in SVN r3666.

(http://nightly.geany.org/win32/geany_win32_nightly.zip already has
the relevant changes.)