[Geany] Small enhancement of LaTeX completion

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Mar 22 22:59:04 UTC 2009

Hi Filip, ,

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:47:21 +0100
Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I type \begin{itemize} and hit enter I get
>
> \begin{itemize}
> <- cursor here
> \end{itemize}
>
> which is quite cool.
>
> Wouldn't it be better though, if I got:
>
> \begin{itemize}
>     \item <-- cursor here
> \end{itemize}
>
> or
>
> \begin{itemize}
> \item
> \end{itemize}
>
> Is there anything else, than can be typed in itemize or enumerate in
> LaTeX? If it is not, then there is no reason not to add this item tag.
> If there is, it would be wise to consider, if it really happens that
> often, to prevent adding this tag.

Currently it's working like this: Whenever a } follow by return was
typed after an \begin there is and \end{foo} added.
Since this is done for every environment we would need to implement
some parsing for itemize, enumerate and description here. I'd prefer to
do it by using the snippets function and a config file based on
http://download.geany.org/contrib/latex_snippets.conf

Cheers,
Frank
--