[Geany] Feature request: Better suggestions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jun 30 20:47:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:37:28 +0200, Filip wrote:

>> It seems this isn't possible. At least the Scintilla documentation
>> (the calltip window with the arrows is drawn by Scintilla, Geany only
>> requests it and fill it with data) only talks about clicking the
>> arrows with the mouse, it seems it isn't possible to use the
>> keyboard for that. Or I'm missing something.
>
>I have taken a look at Scintilla docs and it seems you are right. God
>dammit!
>
>But I assume, that you are depending on SCN_CALLTIPCLICK, to change
>the content of the calltip right? So you have to access somehow the
>calltip content. Can't you just assign some keys in Geany and call the
>same function? Or are you filling the content of the calltip first and
>only then everything is done by the Scintilla?

Right. We say to Scintilla what text should be displayed in the calltip
window and then we say it should be shown. But we can't get any
reference to it once it is displayed.
Filing a feature request to Scintilla to add some keybindings for this
would be a good idea.