[Geany] Execute Questions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jun 30 19:07:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:10:04 +0000 (UTC), Jordan wrote:

Hi,

>Using 0.17...  I'm having trouble setting command line arguments and
>the run-time environment from within Geany (ie. LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
>etc.).
>
>For the CLA's, I realize it's supposed to be possible, but any file I
>enter in the  Build->Set Arguments and Includes "Execute:" box results
>in this error:
>
>  ./geany_run_script.sh: line 5: ./exe.file in.file: No such file or
> directory
>
>  ------------------
>  (program exited with code: 127)
>  Press return to continue
>
>I get this error no matter what directory I run geany from.  I don't
>see anywhere to set a "working directory" in Preferences.

The working directory is changed to those of the executed file. No idea
about the above error, it most probably means you have entered an
invalid Run command but since you didn't reveal it, I just can guess.

>For the run-time environment, I can use exported environment variables
>when I run geany from a shell with those variables set, but is there a
>way to set the RTE from within geany?

HELLO=1 "./%e"
as Run(Execute) command works fine, I tested it with a simple C program
which reads the variable HELLO with getenv().
And so LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/blah should work as well.