[Geany] Feature request: Better suggestions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jun 30 19:01:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:19:35 +0200, Filip wrote:

>> Er, for open files Geany should detect the argument lists of
>> functions and also show them when calltips are requested (by typing
>> a '(' after the function name or by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Space).
>> At least with the SVN version this should work, not sure about the
>> latest release.
>
>God dammit, indeed it is!! And it tells the class, in which it was
>found! But I haven't found Ctrl+Shift+Space command in manual. And I

Indeed. The documentation said Alt-Space for Unix and Alt-Shift-Space
for Windows which are both wrong. For both systems the default is
Ctrl-Shift-Space. I updated the docs, thanks for reporting.

>Ok, just one more thing and you are officially the best tool for
>Python development ever: how can toggle those tags? I mean, there are
>arrows and I can click and they are toggled. But I need to have it
>from the keyboard, because moving hand from the keyboard to the mouse
>just won't work.

It seems this isn't possible. At least the Scintilla documentation
(the calltip window with the arrows is drawn by Scintilla, Geany only
requests it and fill it with data) only talks about clicking the arrows
with the mouse, it seems it isn't possible to use the keyboard for
that. Or I'm missing something.