[Geany] end key and visual line break

Heiko Studt MailingLists at xxxxx
Sun Jun 28 14:08:03 UTC 2009

Am 28.06.2009 schrieb Enrico Tröger:

> >I am using Geany for editing some LaTeX files, using the visual line
> >break option. From other editors I am used to press the "end" key for
> >jumping to the visual line break, not to the actual line end.
> >I found the key binding "alt-end" and I want to swap those two. In the
> >options there is the "go to line end" with its end key changeable, but
> >not the "alt +end" shortcut. Is this possible at all? What did I miss?

> Nothing, it's just not configurable.
> Do we really need to change this?

The questions are: Do you really need some key to jump to the line *end*
if you are doing visual line break? Do you need it more often than to
get to the line *break*? What is more intuitive?
Would anyone need to change his behavior, if it were configured other
way round in default?

If you come to the right answers, you will agree to make it at least
configurable. :o)

But anyway I don't know if other people use the home/end/cursors as
much as I do. I am using the mouse seldomly while writing text. So I
don't know wether others would like to have this changed.

MFG (with friendly regards)
Heiko Studt

--
Heiko Studt <Mailingslists at goldpool.org>