[Geany] about the function " find"

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Jun 25 00:34:26 UTC 2009

sh zhou wrote:

>When I look for a word use " ctrl+f" , widow "2 "will work, but window "2"
>is a bit big, the words which in the back of it would not been seen,
>yes, I know I can move that widow by myself, so, I think why not add a
>button in other "find" window which on the top ----- window -- " 1 ", then
>when looking for the "next word  " or " Previous word" will save time, and
>for users  the  text will not  be hidden by other windows. [...]

As a work around, you can use CTRL-G for find next, with the Find dialog
closed.

e.g.

CTRL-F
(opens find dialog)
type in search term, click button, close dialog
CTRL-G to find next word

I don't think there's a find previous key binding though. Also, the
found word doesn't scroll into view when the line length is greater than
the screen width, but pressing left arrow sorts that out.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"