[Geany] about the function " find"

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 23 12:40:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:52:24 +0800
sh zhou <sh.maeam at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I want to look for a character string ,I usually I use " ctrl+f", but I
> have to use "ctrl+f" for each time, that because the " find" window will
> disappear after find the words .

Maybe you have the 'Always wrap search and hide the Find dialog' pref
set, this makes the dialog disappear on clicking 'Next'.

> 2. when I found a word I need, I could not click my mouse, if I clicked, the
> "word" would not display anymore. he would disappear too , and how to set
> the "background color" that  can display it outstandingly in text (the
> default is black).

I don't understand, but maybe you edited some highlighting colors in
the configuration files? What version of Geany do you have? What
filetype were you using?

> 3. there is a "find" window on the top, at right, can I add some buttons
> used as looking for " previous" or "nest" words?

No, the button just finds the next match. You can use the 'Search->Find
Previous' menu or keybinding command though.

Regards,
Nick