[Geany] Using Geany to edit QuickBook/Boostbook files - has anyone done so?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 19 14:50:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:01:08 +1200, Andy wrote:

Hey,

>I'm about to help out with doing some docs for Boost::Spirit (a parser
>lib that is part of Boost).
>
>I'll be using a tool called "QuickBook" which I believe  is very
>similar to BoostBook.  Anyway, I found this section in the Boost
>docs     about using the Scintilla editing component (which Geany
>uses, iirc) to highlight Quickbook tags -
>http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/doc/html/quickbook/editors.html
>
>It gives this snippet of code -
>
>qbk=*.qbk
>lexer.*.qbk=props
>use.tabs.$(qbk)=0
>tab.size.$(qbk)=4
>indent.size.$(qbk)=4
>style.props.32=$(font.base)
>comment.stream.start.props=[/
>comment.stream.end.props=]
>comment.box.start.props=[/
>comment.box.middle.props=
>comment.box.end.props=]
>
>b) In Geany's dir structure, where would I put the above code snippet
>so that .qbk files are highlighted?  Is it in /geany-0.17/data (and do
>I name the file "filetypes.quickbook"? )

No, this won't work.
The above snippet is for SciTE's config, Geany uses another config
format and is incompatible.
But the first thing you could try is setting the filetype in Geany to
"Config File", this would have the same effect as "lexer.*.qbk=props"
for SciTE. This means to enable Scintilla's Properties lexer which is
generally used for config files (or properties files in Scintilla
speak).
This should highlight your sources in some way.

If it works well enough, simply add "*.qbk;" to the "Conf" entry in your
~/.config/geany/filetype_extensions.conf to tell Geany to always use
this filetype for .qbk files.

And/or send us a link to some example files, maybe there is another
filetype which fits better. I just don't have an idea how these files
look like and so can't help much.