[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jun 17 19:04:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:52:26 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:07:55 +0200, Frank wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:00:53 +0200

> >> ???
> >>
> >> What do you want to activate? As I said, I won't add any pref for
> >> merging it with normal auto-completion.
> >>
> >> Maybe I shouldn't commit the changes and wait until someone (Nick,
> >> or whoever) wants to integrate with normal autocompletion. As
> >> said, I don't mind but won't do this myself.
> >
> >Maybe I misunderstood you - another time.
> >
> >When rereading and thinking again, I now think your goal was to just
> >commit the function which is working only (= generating list etc)
> >when pressing defined keystroke. Previously I understood the
> >automerging stuff .... Well, if I'm now right, I agree and adding
> >any option would be not very useful at all here beside the
> >keybinding ;)
>
> Yo, I was only talking about adding the word completion by using a new
> keybinding.

OK. So we are now on the same page ;)

> But if you wish to have this merged with the normal autocompletion
> list, it's maybe better when we do this directly instead of first
> adding a keybinding which we will remove then again later. Not to
> mention about breaking plugin API/ABI and confusion of users and all.
>
> So, if you want this in the normal auto completion paired with a pref,
> please go implement and commit it or send a patch.

No. To be honest, I don't have much usage for this feature. But
thought about making it ore comfortable when adding. Never mind it - was
caused by a misunderstanding.

Cheers,
Frank
--