[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 17 18:00:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:57:50 +0200, Frank wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:53:19 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:24:38 +0100, Nick wrote:

>> >For now, a keybinding would be fine. I was thinking of combined
>> >autocompletion of words in the current file and tags from other
>> >files, but this would be more work.
>>
>> Ok, so you want to merge the lists for auto-completion. I think when
>> we do this, we do need to pre-generate and cache the list of words of
>> the current file as generating the list would probably too heavy for
>> every keystroke, even if only enabled by a pref.
>>
>> I will commit the code as I said: bound to a keybinding only, for
>> now. I don't mind if this gets improved later.
>
>Please add also a hidden pref inside config file for these users which
>like this feature and are to lazy to activate it again and again.

???

What do you want to activate? As I said, I won't add any pref for
merging it with normal auto-completion.

Maybe I shouldn't commit the changes and wait until someone (Nick, or
whoever) wants to integrate with normal autocompletion. As said, I
don't mind but won't do this myself.