[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jun 17 17:57:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:53:19 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:24:38 +0100, Nick wrote:

> >> Huh? Together with the normal autocompletion of symbols?
> >
> >For now, a keybinding would be fine. I was thinking of combined
> >autocompletion of words in the current file and tags from other
> >files, but this would be more work.
>
> Ok, so you want to merge the lists for auto-completion. I think when
> we do this, we do need to pre-generate and cache the list of words of
> the current file as generating the list would probably too heavy for
> every keystroke, even if only enabled by a pref.
>
> I will commit the code as I said: bound to a keybinding only, for now.
> I don't mind if this gets improved later.

Please add also a hidden pref inside config file for these users which
like this feature and are to lazy to activate it again and again.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/