[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 16 20:12:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:49:14 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Since it turned out to be as simple as having this one and a half
> function to get this working, I'm thinking about this to put into Geany
> directly and just connect it to a new keybinding (Ctrl-Shift-Return
> or something),
>
> First, I assumed we need to do some caching or at least pre-generate
> the list but I think the generation of the word list is fast enough so
> that we can generate it on demand and so a plugin is probably a bit
> heavy, this is why I think we could get it into the core and users will
> be able to easier find and use this feature.
>
> Thoughts?

Well, IMO it would be nice to be able to have this set to work
automatically, without having to press a special keybinding. So if
added, I would suggest a pref. Sounds cool though ;-)

Regards,
Nick