[Geany] Geany in another language

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Jun 15 17:39:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:29:49 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:44:44 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > Yes, however no idea really. I guess the key is to find the correct
> > language code, I still doubt lb_LU is correct but I couldn't find
> > any reference on the web, seems it isn't used widely at all. E.g.
> > on my system, I don't have a single lb_* translation installed
> > (except this from Geany).
>
> According to ISO 639-1 its realy lb. Unfortunately it appears glibc is
> not supporting this. At least I diddn't find any reference there for
> this language (whcih to be honest I just can't believe). However. Mea
> maxima culpa. I didn't check this on including lb to list of
> translations. I will need to spent some investigation work here.

I did and it seems that there needs to be done some manual work on
Debian/Ubuntu for activating lb_LU. Christian Perrier provided a little
howto on Debian's i18n list [1]. I will check later this week and let
you know my experiences.

Cheers,
Frank

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2009/06/msg00039.html