[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

William Gilbert gilbertw1 at xxxxx
Fri Jun 12 15:53:52 UTC 2009

Hey,

Thanks for writing the plugin, however I was unable to get Geany to pick it up.

I compiled the plugin to actest.so using the command you supplied,
however I was unable to get Geany to pick it up. The plugins directory
for in ~/.config/geany didn't exist yet so I created it and placed the
.so file inside, however Geany didn't show it in the plugin manager.

I also placed the file within /usr/lib/geany/ where the other plugins
were located (the ones shipped with Geany) however I did not have any
luck there either. Geany is loading the other plugins, just not this
one. Does geany give any error message if it fails to load a plugin.

For reference, the command I used to compile was:

gcc -shared -o actest.so actest.c `pkg-config --cflags geany` -fPIC

Thanks,
Bryan