[Geany] When will Geany have syntax color preferences built in?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jul 23 16:57:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:27:34 -0400
"Lee Gold" <leegold at operamail.com> wrote:

> When will Geany have a built in way to edit syntax highlighting colors of specific file types like .php .pl...
>
> Is this planned? I know it's a "luxury" but just curious. Thanks.

Not sure if/when, but a 'built-in' GUI editor could be done as a plugin
perhaps.

(Not sure if this is entirely relevant):

BTW some progress has been made on unified colourschemes, Geany SVN now
supports 'named styles'*, so filetype styles can reference a common
style in filetypes.common. So far the C-like filetypes' styles have
been updated to use these.

* http://www.geany.org/manual/dev/index.html#using-a-named-style

This makes it easier to edit e.g. a generic comment style and have it
apply for a number of different filetypes.

Regards,
Nick