[Geany] Symbol Completion

Ben West mrgenixus at xxxxx
Thu Jul 16 15:07:53 UTC 2009

2009/7/16 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:57:32 -0600, Ben wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >anyhow, my point:  Zend uses a php doc standard of using @param to
> >identify paramters and then tooltips them as you complete a function
> >name within you application. geany does this for language built-ins
> >but I was curious if there is documentation on how to make this happen
> >for javascript-language functions that are user functions... ?
>
> not really sure what you mean with "user functions". Are you talking
> about embedded Javascript in HTML/PHP files?
>
> And if so, what exactly doesn't work and how should it work?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc

um, I mean, for example, functions I've created take for example:

function do_stuff(param1,param2,param3)
{
 return {param1,param2,param3
}

if for some strange reason this were built into the system, take php's
str_replace, if I type 'str_r' I get a tooltip suggesting str_replace, and
if I type it all the way out I get str_replace(string needle,string
haystack,[optional param1],[optional param2]) in a tooltip

is geany designed to do this for things like this given my example, or am I
doing it wrong?
is there some sort of
/*
* @param mixed param1