[Geany] UI rebuild in xfwm, project status in sessions, tag file append, compile error possitioning

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 16:48:15 UTC 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Not sure. Maybe. But if so, it would be probably more a problem in
> Scintilla. Can you reproduce the issue with Scite?

Nope, and I guess it's more on my laptop (intel graphics), than on my
desktop (nvidia).

In fact ... at the moment I can't replicate the problem any longer ...
> Anyway, even if it would be the Scintilla widget, in one of your first
> mails you said it's the whole Geany UI which freezes, so it's rather
> unlikely Scintilla is at fault.

Yeps, it's seem quite fast to me, too.
> Frank mentioned composite settings (btw, please don't compare Geany
> with Firefox or Thunderbird, these are not really GTK apps :D), maybe
> it's related to this or to the used video driver or some weird
> combination of those.

I know that mozilla products don't use GTK+, but I thought that they
where a bit more heavy than GTK+, but why both used the same Xorg :-)
Yes, I will try to see if I can find a more stable pattern for this
behavior, and maybe its only my laptop that really have this effect.
> But this should be easy to test with some other "real" GTK app which
> has a somewhat big UI (which pidgin not has compared to Geany's one).

I use pidgin all the time, but no "slow" GUI update here !

I will see if I can recreate the situation again, but it have gone as I
wrote before ...

/BL