[Geany] Symbol Completion

Ben West mrgenixus at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 01:57:32 UTC 2009

Symbol completion is one of the key features that makes geany "My Editor"
and I'm really glad it's something you've taken the time to implement ...I
had a question, and possibly a todo item...

I latched onto geany in the first place because of it's memory and processor
"weight" and becuase it had features like Regex
find-and-replace-within-selection -- which I couldn't figure out how to get
from eclipse...

I had used a Beta of Zend in the past and I really feel that because of it's
simple dependency tree, geany is the clear winner, in spite of a few really
great features that geay doesn't have, in comparison.

anyhow, my point:  Zend uses a php doc standard of using @param to identify
paramters and then tooltips them as you complete a function name within you
application. geany does this for language built-ins but I was curious if
there is documentation on how to make this happen for javascript-language
functions that are user functions... ?

--
/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West