[Geany] Quo vadis, Geany?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jul 14 18:02:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:44:42 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>Nick Treleaven schrieb:
>>  so sometime we can release v1.0.
>
>No, don't! :P

Haha.

@Filip:
sorry, I missed that mail completely.

In addition to Nick's answer, apart from the list in the TODO file,
there is no big master plan for the far future (other than the
usual taking over the world).

About 1.0:
I personally don't think so much of version numbers, they are often
over-rated in my opinion. Version numbers are important to separate
and ease identifying releases but the only real requirement for this is
that version numbers are different, ideally increasing (:D). But for
me, it doesn't mean much whether it's 0.17 or 1.1 or 1.5.3 or 22.5.2.7.
In contrary, sometimes I get the impression people expect wonders
once a project reaches a version 1.0 or they expect some super major
changes after reaching that version number. For me, it's just the code
which counts, not which version number it has.