[Geany] Editor performance

Jason Oster parasyte at xxxxx
Fri Jul 10 19:26:40 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 07:07 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:48:33 +0100
> Dominic Hopf<dmaphy at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I also noticed the cursor "stucking" around braces when moving it with
>> the arrow keys.
>
> Should be fixed now in current SVN - by delaying brace highlighting by 100ms.

After using this for some time, I noticed a small annoyance associated
with the new delay;

If you type two braces {} with brace highlighting enabled, and then
begin typing characters between them, you will eventually see the last
character (before the closing brace) highlighted red, instead of the
brace itself getting highlighted.

Is it possible to cancel or restart the delay timer while keys are being
pressed (or while characters are being inserted)?