[Geany] Can I autocomplete words other than symbols?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 14:30:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:42:47 -0400
William Gilbert <gilbertw1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would make sense to have a semantic
> completion, like there is currently in geany and a general completion,
> which would be a list of all words in the document. It's just my
> opinon, but it would be nice to tap into either list when needed.
>
> Either way its implemented my hope is that the list of all words will
> be generated on demand, without any delays.

Now done in SVN. It turns out the document word completion is fast
enough to use for autocomplete-as-you-type, see the new 'Autocomplete
all words in document' completion pref.

The 'Complete word' keybinding now works as follows:
"Shows the autocompletion list. If already showing tag
completion, it shows document word completion instead, even if it is
not enabled for automatic completion. Likewise if no tag suggestions
are available, it shows document word completion."

Regards,
Nick