[Geany] Inserting fregments of code into geany

Sam Russo samrusso4 at xxxxx
Sat Jan 31 03:20:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,
this is my first posting to the geany mail list!
I've been looking for a replacement for Editplus (excellent windows text
editor... but now I completely debian/ubuntu based) to do my coding
(php/perl/sql) and Geany looks like it might be sufficient.

What I need to be able to do ( I'm not sure if "snippets" can actually
do it)  is as follows:
1. Bring up a list that has all my little fragments of code. THis will
not replace any text it simply will be inserted at the cursor point
2. I would like to search quickly my fragments
e.g  mysql_connect
will insert the 4 or 5 lines have the mysql_connect code with my
username passwords host etc in it
3. Once I find the correct fragment I click on it and it inserts the
code into the editor at the cursor point.
4. I have different lists as well.
e.g phpcode,perlcode,actionscript code, etc

Can Geany do this?
If so I would greatly appreciate some assistance on how to set this up.

I do apologise if this is what snippets can do, because my understanding
of it is different to what I've outlined above.
 I did search the archives but could find exactly my scenario

thanks all
Sam