[Geany] Line Wrap Button

Greg Smith gsmith at xxxxx
Thu Jan 29 18:05:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:43:10 -0500 (EST), Greg Smith
>> For a programmer's editor the feature you want is a step on top of
>> this one--being able to re-wrap multiple comment lines after making a
>> change that pushes one of them to too wide.
>
> Hehe, give then an inch and they will take an ell...

Wasn't a request, just pointing out how even code can have stuff you want
to wrap.

# If I have some comments that look like this I need to edit, as long as
# simple line-wrap works it's not too painful to just wipe out all the
# delimiters, wrap with a 2 character smaller width to leave space, then
# insert them back in again.

/**
  * Even when you're using multi-line comments, you're not necessarily
  * immune to this problem, because some people are stuck with style
  * guidelines that require formatting something that looks similar to
  * this.  This you might recognize as early Javadoc style comments.
  * (the asterisks are optional starting in 1.4, but this style was
  * already ingrained in the community by then)
  */

So there's the additional cases I'd expect a giant bloated editing tool to
handle (*cough* Eclipse), just to provide a spec for an ideal wrapping
feature set.  One step at a time.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith at gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD