[Geany] Line Wrap Button -- addition

chuck ctl at xxxxx
Wed Jan 28 23:22:25 UTC 2009

Added item.  This operation is a one-time thing.  It is not  a mode of
operation as is line wrapping.  Once done, it affects only the text that
was there when it was done.  New text just goes into the buffer as
always.  It can extend beyond the line-break marker or not.  A
subsequent 'format' action will then affect all text existing at that
time.  The line-break column may bwe changed before the format and the
new width will be active for that one operation.

Hope this is clear.

chuck

I believe what is being asked for is a way to "format" the text and
force line endings (\n. \r, etc. depending on document ) at the current
line-breaking column (eg 72). Of course the breaks would occur at word
boundaries.

This is not overly useful for code but if one downloads a text file with
no line breaks except for paragraphs, one can see just one long line per
paragraph.  Try to print that and who knows what you'll get.

Line wrapping depends on the window size.  This request makes the file
width be a specific number of characters wide.  I'd like to see that
too.  Sometimes I load up another editor just to do this function.

chuck