[Geany] Enabling save after no changes

Greg Smith gsmith at xxxxx
Sun Jan 25 01:18:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Thomas Martitz wrote:

> And I'm not aware of any other GNOME application, where CTRL+S to save
> does not work. I'm not aware of ANY application where this doesn't work.

I'm old enough to remember when CTRL+S was a forbidden character you went
out of your way to avoid pressing because it stopped your serial terminal.

Regardless, I don't quite find it as comfortable (or universal) as using
ALT combinations nowadays.  ALT+F I can nail perfectly just sliding either
thumb off the space bar, I find my error rate on CTRL combinations is a
lot higher.  CTRL combinations tend to only cover a subset of the stuff on
the menus as well, where I can (usually!) get everything I want via the
ALT menu interface.  There's been some odd GNOME decisions in that area,
too, like
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+bug/290777 which
forces me to build my own gnome-terminal to get sane behavior for
Edit/Paste on Ibex.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith at gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD