[Geany] Enabling save after no changes

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sat Jan 24 23:39:22 UTC 2009

Am 25.01.2009 00:28, schrieb Greg Smith:
> This doesn't work well with Geany, because "Save" is grayed out if you
> haven't modified the file yet.  So if you haven't made a change yet, that
> combination of keys leaves one stuck in the menu structure, likely to
> cause mayhem if you keep typing without noticing what happened.  I find
> applications that change how the menus work in a modal way like this any
> more than absolutely necessary frustrating, and I'm not aware of any other
> GNOME applications that work this way.

And I'm not aware of any other GNOME application, where CTRL+S to save
does not work. I'm not aware of ANY application where this doesn't work.

But yea, I'd like to have the possiblity to save an unmodified file
sometimes too (may it just to update the timestamp, so that make
recompiles it).

--
Best regards, Thomas Martitz