[Geany] file changed notifications

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Jan 22 23:48:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:16:37 -0700
Ben West <mrgenixus at gmail.com> wrote:

> technically, if vcdiff is already installed, couldn't it be leveraged
> to manage any changes made since the file in  the filesystem
> changed?  just a thought.

I'm afraid I hardly dislike this idea. VCdiff was indented to work
together with VC-systems like subversion or git. Implementing a feature
like supporting a diff between the loaded version of a file and the
version remote (either on 127.0.0.1 or wherever) will need a big bunch
of changes done (including a own folk of a generic diff tool) on this
plugin IMHO. If this is a useful feature at all, this should be done as
an extra plugin.

Just my 2 ct.
Frank
--