[Geany] file changed notifications

Gordon Wrigley gordon.wrigley at xxxxx
Thu Jan 22 22:04:04 UTC 2009

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, my complaint isn't that the dialog is
modal on the file, that is fine, my complaint is that it is modal on
the entire editor, once that dialog comes up I can't do anything else
until I've figured out why that file changed and what I want to do
about it. I can't even close the file, let alone edit some other file.

You are right about the firefox save passwords dialog being easy to
miss, the gedit file changed notification is about 4x as big, has a
big exclamation mark on it and prevents editing of the file until you
deal with it. However you can still use the rest of the editor, you
can switch to other tabs and use them as normal and you can close the
current tab.