[Geany] inconsistant colors between C and Python

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 21 21:14:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:03:37 +0100, Sebastien Barthelemy
<barthelemy at crans.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm new to geany and I'm surprised to see that syntax highlight colors
>are inconsistent between languages. For instance comments are grey in
>Python and red in C. Is there a particular reason for this or should

Let's say historical reasons :).
The colours for the C filetype were the very first ones as it was the
very first supported filetype. And IIRC they are based on the colours
of an old Anjuta which I were using while writing Geany before it was
usable itself.
Later other filetypes were added with others colours.

>it be fixed? If so, what are the default colors? (or what language
>should be chosen as reference?)

Whatever looks good. Probably the colours from the Python filetype are
better for new filetypes but IMO it's not that big issue at all since
every user can change them.

>Also, is it possible for a user to customize its colors at a single
>place for all the languages? (for instance if I want the comments to
>be blue in every language).

No. But it is on the TODO list.