[Geany] "Replace All" button order

Daniel Richard G. skunk at xxxxx
Mon Jan 19 19:06:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009 Jan 19 18:22:42 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> >I could make Geany remember whether the expander is open when quitting.
>
> That would be the alternative to the suggested frame replacement for
> the expander with the bonus that by default the expander would be
> closed and so the dialog be a bit less height (remember Netbook users).

But the dialog doesn't grow in height when the arrow is opened---the
widgets just get squeezed a little tighter vertically.

A persistent arrow could work, too, but... isn't that making things more
complicated than they need to be? It simplifies the dialog visually when
the user doesn't want to see the replace-all functionality, but then you
still have that element of UI modality, and now a new config variable to
keep track of it. Not to mention, the opened arrow/label doesn't associate
itself with the buttons very well if the act of having opened it is not in
recent memory. (In other words, if you see the dialog for the first time
with the arrow already opened, the arrow label doesn't do a good job of
actually labeling the set of buttons.)

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = skunk at iskunk.org        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /