[Geany] "Replace All" button order

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 17 15:33:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:13:30 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:

Hey,

>Some notes about the replace feature/interface:
>
>-1- I think the arrow should go and these replace choices be visible
>from start -- does this serve any purpose?

I wrote this in another mail in this thread, one/the reason for the
arrow was to simplify the dialog.
But based on the feedback in this thread, we will remove it.

>-3- I would add a "replace all in current scope" function that I dream
>of for years already ;-) where 'scope' means closest nesting func,
>class, or whatever.

Hmm, not sure. Could be done but adds yet another button, yet another
thing you need to sort out when you do a quick search/replace.
(this is not a 'no', just a 'I won't work on it')

>-4-This button and "in selection" should be invalid (greyed) whenever
>there is no 'scope' (module toplevel, meaning "in scope" = "in doc")
>or there is no selection.

Yes, this is a good idea (at least for selection).

>-5- I would also add a "in project" choice to allow lexical evolution
>at project level. This would walk together with file/doc/module
>registering in project. (The latter would also allow straightforward

We discussed this already a couple of times earlier, we don't want a
discrete list of files per project. We have session support for
projects which is really convenient and sufficient.

>project stage freezing/recording e.g into myProj-0.10-01_02_2009.tar).

Uh, this is something a build system should do, not an IDE/Texteditor.

>-6- I'd love an '\i' code working in both the search & replace fields,
>that would mean 'indent' & match the user specified value for one
>level of indentation in preferences (that is n spaces or one tab).

Use regular expressions like "^[ \t] .*" or something similar, I
usually fail to construct untested regexps :).