[Geany] RFC: Bumping minimum GTK requirement to GTK 2.8

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Sat Jan 17 11:58:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:45:38 +0100, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:09:17 +1300
> Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> It's hard to believe that anyone is still using 2.6! That is
>> *ancient* now (in computer terms...).
>
> There are still companies outside, that want to have webpages running
> with IE 5.5 I have to deal with. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone
> is still using ;)

I'd say the version the vast majority of the users have should be used as a
minimum.

I don't know what GTK version is the most used at the moment, but if a
users GTK version is really old, he/she will probably not run the latest
and greatest version of Geany on it.

-H-