[Geany] RFC: Bumping minimum GTK requirement to GTK 2.8

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 17 11:56:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:45:38 +0100, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:09:17 +1300
>Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> It's hard to believe that anyone is still using 2.6! That is
>> *ancient* now (in computer terms...).
>
>There are still companies outside, that want to have webpages running
>with IE 5.5 I have to deal with. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone
>is still using ;)

This will always happen. And there are probably still systems which use
GTK 2.6 for whatever reasons.
But regarding further development, we need to catch up with the masses
and the masses won't use GTK 2.6 anymore.

So, I think a requirements upgrade is reasonable especially since GTK
2.8 is also three years old already.