[Geany] about the terminal

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jan 15 16:18:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:20:09 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:

>> >-1- settings
>> >It does not take at startup the appearance settings: I need to go
>> >preferences and "apply".
>>
>> Uh, what version of Geany and libvte are you using?
>> I hoped we eliminated those kinds of bugs :(.
>
>I have geany 0.13, which is the default version delivered with ubuntu

And very old, as well as Ubuntu 8.04.
You can get Geany 0.14 from www.getdeb.net. Or even better update your
system to 8.10...:)

>8.04. Actually, the intalled version is called 0.13-0ubuntu1, so I
>suspect there is some modif to let it comply with the distribution.
>When I try to install geany 0.15, I get the following from ./configure:
>configure:2990: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>The last line of config.log is:
>configure: exit 77

The related error message appears earlier in config.log, either search
for it or attach your config.log to a response to this mail (or upload
it somewhere).
Anyway, this seems like you are missing some development packages on
your system.
Try running:
sudo apt-get build-dep geany

and then ./configure again.
'apt-get build-dep geany' will install all necessary packages you need
to build Geany from source.