[Geany] about the terminal

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Thu Jan 15 11:37:12 UTC 2009

Le Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:20:09 +0100,
spir <denis.spir at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:18:01 +0100,
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> a écrit :
>
> > On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:23:00 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >new to geany and the list. I have 3 questions about the terminal:
> >
> > Welcome!
> >
> > >-1- settings
> > >It does not take at startup the appearance settings: I need to go
> > >preferences and "apply".
> >
> > Uh, what version of Geany and libvte are you using?
> > I hoped we eliminated those kinds of bugs :(.
>
> I have geany 0.13, which is the default version delivered with ubuntu 8.04. Actually, the
> intalled version is called 0.13-0ubuntu1, so I suspect there is some modif to let it comply with
> the distribution.
> When I try to install geany 0.15, I get the following from ./configure:
> configure:2990: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> The last line of config.log is:
> configure: exit 77
>
> > >-2- length
> > >It seems the terminal has a very short capacity. Usually the output of
> > >my progs are truncated (I get only the end). Is there a way to set
> > >this parameter?
> >
> > Check the setting "Scrollback Lines" in the preferences dialog, VTE tab.
> > This defines the amount of lines which can be scrolled in the terminal.
>
> Right, thank -- hadn't noticed that.
>
> > >-3- restart
> > >How to restart the terminal automatically on run -- so that hte
> > >terminal holds only the output of last run? Otherwise I have to
> > >restart it (with context menu) before each trial.
> >
> > Hmm, the only solution I can think of is to change the Run command from:
> > "./%e"
> > clear && "./%e"
> >
> > (Above example is for filetype C, the idea is to simply prepend the Run
> > command with 'clear &&'.)
> > But this is not very nice and need to be done for every filetype you
> > want to execute.
>
> I use it only for python. <<clear && python "%f">> works fine, thank you.

Hem. It has worked fine at start, clearing the terminal (including last prompt command line) before
writing prog output.
Now, it does not clear the terminal, writes 14 blank lines instead, before prog output. I would
loves to help more, but am a bit allergic to C code (to complicated for my little head).

Denis

------
la vida e estranya