[Geany] about the terminal

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 14 17:18:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:23:00 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>new to geany and the list. I have 3 questions about the terminal:

Welcome!

>-1- settings
>It does not take at startup the appearance settings: I need to go
>preferences and "apply".

Uh, what version of Geany and libvte are you using?
I hoped we eliminated those kinds of bugs :(.

>-2- length
>It seems the terminal has a very short capacity. Usually the output of
>my progs are truncated (I get only the end). Is there a way to set
>this parameter?

Check the setting "Scrollback Lines" in the preferences dialog, VTE tab.
This defines the amount of lines which can be scrolled in the terminal.

>-3- restart
>How to restart the terminal automatically on run -- so that hte
>terminal holds only the output of last run? Otherwise I have to
>restart it (with context menu) before each trial.

Hmm, the only solution I can think of is to change the Run command from:
"./%e"
clear && "./%e"

(Above example is for filetype C, the idea is to simply prepend the Run
command with 'clear &&'.)
But this is not very nice and need to be done for every filetype you
want to execute.